NCA Networking & Events
Program at a Glance Bill Murray's Convention Networking Guide
Whether you're new to the industry or an experienced veteran, it's easy to see that the coffee community is unlike any other: driven by passion, commitment, and plenty of caffeine.
One of the most important aspects of the NCA Convention is the opportunity for leaders, innovators, and experts from across the industry to connect and learn from each other.
There’s no other event like it for companies looking to build relationships, grow their business, and navigate today’s rapidly changing market.
Fortunately, “networking” doesn’t have to mean beige walls and bologna sandwiches. (And don’t worry - we hate small talk, too.)
Here are some tips to make the most of the NCA Convention's many networking and social events:
- Learn the basics of convention networking with NCA CEO Bill Murray's handy guide
- Mix and mingle at the Welcome to Texas Celebration kick-off (Thursday 7-10pm , Griffin Hall 2nd Floor)
- Keep the fun going and enjoy drink specials at the NCA Happy Hour (Thursday 10-11pm, JW Marriott Lobby Bar)
- Have a cup with a colleague at the Networking Coffee Breaks (Friday 10:30am - 11:00am and Saturday 10:10 am – 10:35am, JW Grand Foyer, 4th Floor)
- Break bread at the catered buffet lunch (Friday 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm, JW Grand Salon 4‐5, 4th Floor)
- Eat, drink, and be merry at the popular Friday night theme party
- Let loose (and take in the view) at the rooftop Farewell Celebration (Saturday 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Pool Deck, 5th Floor)
- Volunteer at the NCA Coffee Gives Back Day of Service
- Explore the 2020 Exhibitor Hall and Sponsorship opportunities for your brand
- Discuss industry issues at one of the educational breakout sessions
- Join the NCA Next Generation group for young coffee professionals