Calling All Coffee-Related Charities:
The 2021 NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award Application Now Available
Showcase and Award Terms & Conditions
Download the Application [PDF]*
*Download the application as a Word document. Award applicants MUST submit Sections I and II for consideration.
Friday, January 8, 2021: Application deadline to be considered for the 2021 NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award.
Wednesday, March 3, 2021: Award Ceremony at the NCA 2021 Virtual Convention.
About the Program
The NCA Coffee Gives Back Program is designed to highlight charities dedicated to supporting coffee communities.
The program is comprised of two parts:
The NCA Coffee Gives Back Showcase highlights eligible coffee-related charitable organizations for their commitment to bettering the lives of producers, their families, and communities at origin by:
- Showcasing their organization’s work and accomplishments
- Raising the organization’s profile and public image
- Increasing awareness of their organization and brand
- Providing opportunities to attract donations
- Heightening their visibility by being associated with the industry’s leading trade organization
The 2021 NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award will recognize a coffee-related charitable organization that has demonstrated strategic, innovative, and implementation excellence. It will be presented at the 2021 NCA Virtual Convention.
Download the NCA Coffee Gives Back Program Showcase & Award Terms and Conditions and Application.
NCA is proud to expand eligibility for 2021 in order to highlight more organizations whose work is essential to thriving coffee-growing communities.
All domestic and international coffee-related charitable organizations that meet the eligibility requirements, no matter their size or revenues, are encouraged to apply for the NCA Coffee Gives Back Program Showcase and the 2021 NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award.
Eligible organizations must have 501(c)(3) Public Charity Internal Revenue Service (IRS) status or its international equivalent.
NCA Membership is not required for participation in the NCA Coffee Gives Back Program Showcase and Award, and will not be used as an evaluative criterion in judging the applicants of the 2021 NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award. (Please note that participating in the Program Showcase is required for Award consideration.)
- Featured on the NCA Coffee Gives Back web page on the NCA website, with a link to the home page of the charitable organization
- Promotion through NCA communication channels
- Exclusive use of the NCA Coffee Gives Back Program logo
- The opportunity to be considered for the NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award, which will be presented at the NCA Annual Convention. The NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award Winner will receive additional valuable benefits! (Additional information is required to be eligible.)
How to Apply
1. Fill out the NCA Coffee Gives Back Program Showcase and Award Application.
Showcase applications are accepted on a rolling basis. However, If you wish to be considered for next year's NCA Origin Charity of the Year Award, please fill out both Sections I and II of the NCA Coffee Gives Back Program Application and submit it to the NCA by the deadline.
2. Submit the NCA Coffee Gives Back Program Application and Materials:
Application must be in English and financial statements in any language other than English must include English translation.
- By Mail: National Coffee Association of U.S.A., Inc. 45 Broadway, Suite 1140 New York, NY 10006 Attention: Terri Bartlett, Director of Member Relations
- By Email: email@example.com
- By Fax: (212) 766-5815
If sending by mail or fax, let us know your application is on the way by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not receive a confirmation within two weeks of emailing, faxing or mailing your application, please follow up via email at email@example.com.
Questions? Contact Terri Bartlett, Director of Member Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (646) 924-4039.
Spread the Word
This is a great opportunity to help and recognize your favorite coffee-related charitable organizations. Please forward this information to your contacts and encourage them to apply!
The NCA 2018-2020 Origin Charity of the Year Award was made possible by the support of Mother Parker's Tea and Coffee.
Visit the NCA Coffee Gives Back Showcase & Award Winner Showcase