Consumers expect more from coffee these days than a jolt of caffeine and a pleasant, familiar beverage. Not only are an increasing number of consumers drinking their coffee cold and on-the-go, but they are drinking it for functional benefits to improve their health or maximize performance, as well as looking for eco- and source-conscious options. In this webinar, Packaged Facts will present current consumer survey data on the coffee category in the context of the overall beverage industry, with discussion spanning caffeinated and energy drink types, single-serve and on-the-go formats, “clean label” and sustainability factors, and retail channel and e-commerce trends.
This webinar will highlight:
- Use of single-serve coffee pods has increased to one-fourth of U.S. households, while use of ground coffee has slipped to two-thirds.
- Over one-third of consumers purchase coffee-on-the-go at least once a week, with nearly two-thirds doing so through coffee/breakfast specialists such as Starbucks or Dunkin’.
- The retail RTD coffee market is fragmented, with the top four brands accounting for 54% of usage.
- Convenient bottled and canned products have expanded coffee consumption beyond typical drinking occasions.
- Packaging sustainability, whether recyclable pods or plastic bottles, is gaining traction as source of product innovation.