Diacetyl and Workplace Safety Workshop
**This workshop has been postponed indefinitely due to COVID-19. We are currently reassesing our options for delivering this workshop in light of ongoing public health crisis and will update this page with new information as it becomes available.**
The National Coffee Association, in coordination with the Specialty Coffee Association, is pleased to announce an exclusive 1-day Diacetyl and Workplace Safety Workshop, to be held during the Specialty Coffee Expo at the Oregon Convention Center, on Friday, April 24, 2020 in Portland, Oregon. Open only to SCA and NCA Members -- participants will gain valuable knowledge and expertise from the coffee industry’s foremost experts in the field.
Led by NCA’s Director of Scientific and Government Affairs and renowned industry coffee scientist Dr. Mark Corey, Ph.D., a group of coffee industry experts on diacetyl, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and coffee-workplace safety issues will cover topics such as:
- The state of the science and recent occupational exposure limit (OEL) developments
- Industrial hygiene sampling guide
- Communicating complex safety issues to your workforce
- Environmental mitigation options
- Managing liability and legal risk
- Coffee-specific insurance options
- Resources for NCA members and NCA advocacy efforts
- Networking with industry colleagues and professional service providers
…And much more!
Participants will walk away with new technical and big picture business insights in knowing how to better manage the issue for their business, big or small.
What else is included?
- Certificate of completion
- Copies of all workshop materials
- Access to NCA Members-Only educational resources from our Diacetyl and Workplace Safety Resource Center, including our Testing Protocol Guidance and our in-depth Frequently Asked Questions About Workplace Safety & Diacetyl
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and (of course) coffee