Coffee Industry Education
There's always more to learn about coffee.
Join coffee experts and professionals from across the supply chain to learn more about critical industry issues at the NCA 2019 Convention in Atlanta.
These targeted breakout sessions offer more in-depth information, intimate learning opportunities, and intelligent conversation for attendees at all stages of their career.
Learn more about the speakers and industry experts leading these sessions.
NCA 2019 Coffee Education Sessions At-A-Glance
Friday, March 8
- The Coffee Science Fair
The NCA Scientific Leadership Council
- Coffee Sustainability: A Trifecta of Environmental Industry Issues
Conservation International, The Sustainable Coffee Challenge
- Creating a Welcoming Work Environment
- The Future of Coffee Pods in North America
- Labor Concerns at Origin
Catholic Relief Services, Rainforest Alliance
Saturday, March 9
- Specialty Coffee Cupping Session
Blue Donkey Coffee
- How to Use Audience Data to Find & Attract Coffee Lovers
- Insurance Basics for Coffee Roasters
Friday, March 8
SESSION I: 2:00 pm – 2:50 pm
The NCA Coffee Science Fair*
*2:00 pm – 4:00 pm, to work with different schedules!
Meet the scientists who are leading the industry in innovation and advocacy issues. Discover how new research is creating exciting opportunities for the future off coffee - while connecting with a great community of experts and having some fun.
Featured topics will include workplace hygiene, caffeine, decaffeination, FSMA, food safety, and cold brew. Questions encouraged! (Pocket protector not required. Samples will be provided.)
Presented by: The NCA Scientific Leadership Council
- Dr. Mark Corey, National Coffee Association
- Scott Hawks, Tata Global Beverages, Inc.
- Sindhu Pillai, S&D Coffee & Tea, Inc.
- Sylvester Mosley, Coca Cola Company
- CJ Sinko, Mars Drinks
- George Dowdie, Starbucks Coffee Company
- Brian Schaneberg, Starbucks Coffee Company
- Khaled Abou-Zeid, QUSAC Decaf, Inc.
- Alberto Azeredo, Keurig Dr Pepper, Inc.
- Dora Jaramillo, Farmer Brothers Company
- Dagan Allardyce , Keurig Dr Pepper, Inc.
- Tyler Youngquist, J.M. Smucker Company
- Daud Khan, Mother Parkers Tea & Coffee, Inc.
- Nalini Kamireddy, Farmer Brothers Company
- Alan Leviton, Boston Children's Hospital/Harvard University
- Candace Doepker, ToxStrategies, Inc.
Coffee Sustainability: A Trifecta of Environmental Industry Issues
Presented by: Conservation International
Creating a Welcoming Work Environment
SESSION II: 3:00 pm – 3:50 pm
The Future of Coffee Pods in North America
Featuring: Matthew Barry, Euromonitor International
Labor Concerns at Origin
- Andrew Sargent, Catholic Relief Services
- Miguel Zamora, Rainfort Alliance
Saturday, March 8
Specialty Coffee Cupping Session
Led by the Atlanta-based Blue Donkey Coffee Roasters
- David Lane, Blue Donkey Coffee
- Ed Lane, Blue Donkey Coffee
SESSION III: 2:00 pm – 2:50 pm
How to Use Audience Data to Find & Attract Coffee Lovers
Featuring: Alex Costakis, Hitwise
Insurance Basics for Coffee Roasters
Featuring: Bouvier Insurance
- Rob Bouvier
- Lindsey Irvin